Carlsbad, Calif. (October 3, 2023) – Cobra Golf®, a leader in golf club innovation and design, today released an all-new version of the highly successful AIR-X family of drivers and fairways. Featuring a lightweight design with cutting edge technologies, the goal of the AIR-X line is to help players with smooth tempos and average to moderate speeds improve both distance and accuracy via easier launch, higher trajectories, and a straighter ball flight.
The new AIR-X Driver employs the following technologies to increase speed and accuracy:
• H.O.T. Face Technology – A 15% thinner H.O.T. Face Insert provides even more speed and distance than the previous AIR-X driver.
• Lightweight Design – At just 290g including a 41g grip and 50g shaft, the AIR-X driver is approximately 40g lighter than a standard weight Aerojet driver, making it easier to swing for average and moderate speed players.
• Offset Design – An offset hosel encourages a square clubface at impact to reduce a slice or create a draw, as well as easier launch and straighter, higher trajectory shots.
• Back/Heel Weight – A 26g weight has been added to the back and heel of the club head (13g in each area) to provide improved MOI (over 5000 g/cm2) and forgiveness, create more heel bias, encourage higher launch, and reduce slice spin.
Cobra’s new AIR-X fairways feature the same high-performance technologies as the drivers including back/heel weighting for increased forgiveness and a slight draw bias as well as a forged H.O.T. Face insert for increased ball speed and longer overall distance. A low-profile design lowers the CG to encourage easier launch from a variety of lies while an offset hosel promotes square contact and straighter shots.
COBRA’s AIR-X Drivers and Fairway Woods are available as stand-alone products or as part of a 12-piece Complete Set. See below for details:
• Men’s AIR-X Driver ($349) – Available with a COBRA ULTRALITE 40 shaft in a sleek Black/Arsenal Red colorway. Player’s choice of offset or straight neck hosel. Available lofts include 9.5°, 10.5° and 11.5° in right-hand and 10.5° in left-hand.
• Men’s AIR-X Fairways ($229) – Available with COBRA ULTRALITE shaft in Black/Arsenal Red colorway. Available lofts include 16° (3W), 19° (5W) in right and left-hand and 22° (7W) in right-hand only.
• Women’s AIR-X Driver ($349) – Available in offset hosel only with a COBRA ULTRALITE shaft in a Black/Cool Blue colorway. Available lofts include 11.5° and 15° in both right and left-handed options.
• Women’s AIR-X Fairways ($229) – Available with a COBRA ULTRALITE shaft in Black/Cool Blue colorway. Available lofts include 19° (3W), 22° (5W) in right and left-hand and 26° (7W) in right-hand only.
COBRA’s AIR-X clubs are also available in a complete set that comes standard with premium cart bag, featuring a 14-way top with 4 full length dividers.
• AIR-X Men’s 12-piece Complete Set ($1,499) – The set includes the choice of lite flex shafts, featuring an 11.5° driver, or regular flex shafts with a 10.5° driver. The standard complete set comes with a Driver, 3W, 4H, 5H, 6i-PW, SW and a COBRA blade putter. Available in right hand only in a Revolver Grey/Red colorway.
• AIR-X Women’s 12-piece Complete Set ($1,499) – Comes standard with a premium cart bag, 15° Driver, 3W, 5W, 5H, 6i-PW, SW and a COBRA mallet putter. Available in right-hand only in a Black/Cool Blue colorway.
AIR-X driver, woods, and complete sets will be available beginning October 6 at retail and on www.cobragolf.com starting on October 3.