CHASKA, Minn. (Sept. 14, 2016) – The PGA of America is pleased to announce that the 49,000 sq. ft. Ryder Cup Shops will host a grand opening for the public one weekend before the competition tees off. Fans will be able to beat the rush and attend this Grand Opening weekend Friday, Sept. 23 through Monday, Sept. 26 from 10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Hazeltine National Golf Club in Chaska, Minnesota.
The grand opening will be the first chance to see the 2016 Ryder Cup merchandise shopping experience. The extensive product list features men’s, women’s and children’s apparel from top golf brands including Ralph Lauren, Adidas, Nike, Under Armour, Cutter & Buck, Greg Norman, 47 Brand, Sunice, New Era, and more. The merchandise shopping experience also includes an extensive selection of exclusive 2016 Ryder Cup accessories, gifts, and memorabilia. The onsite merchandise megastore will have upwards of 50,000 golf balls, 65,000 golf shirts, 100,000 hats, and more throughout the shop.
Exclusive Ryder Cup Shops Grand Opening Weekend Activities
During the grand opening, fans will have the opportunity to participate in a number of exclusive opportunities including:
· Photos with the Ryder Cup Trophy on Friday, Sept. 23 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
· Photos with the official Ryder Cup golf carts for both the American Ryder Cup Team, and the European Ryder Cup Team on Friday, Sept. 23 through Sunday Sept. 25 from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
· Meet American Ryder Cup Captain Davis Love III on Saturday, Sept. 24 from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
· Meet special Ryder Cup Ambassadors including members from (subject to change):
Friday, Sept. 23
· 1980 “Miracle on Ice” Olympic hockey team members Dave Christian, Mike Ramsey, and Buzz Schneider from 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
· American Marshals 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 24
· American Ryder Cup Captain Davis Love III from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
· American Marshals from 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 25
· Former Minnesota Viking, and Pro Football Hall of Famer Randall McDaniel from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
· Former USA soccer player, and St. Paul native, Tony Sanneh from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
· 1980 “Miracle on Ice” Olympic hockey team members Neal Broten, John Harrington, and Rob McClanahan from 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 26
· Former Minnesota Viking, and Pro Football Hall of Famer John Randle from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
· American Marshals from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
The Ryder Cup Shops shopping experience is located adjacent to the Main Entry Gate on the South side of the facility. No tickets or credentials are needed for the public to attend the Grand Opening weekend, Sept. 23-26. Parking is complimentary and onsite in Lot C, located directly across from Chaska High School.